Sunday, May 9, 2010

Love, Amar Singh aur Dhokha


After acting as himself in films like Apne, Bombay Mittai and Charge Sheet, Amar Singh is nurturing his filmi ambitions. He is now set to produce a Bhojpuri film Dhokha.

The film, starring Manoj Tiwari and Jaya Prada, is based on his personal experiences in the political world, where dhokha is certainly not in short supply.

Although Amar Singh remained unavailable for comment, Manoj Tiwari, the lead actor, said, “Yes, Amar Singhji is producing the film.

We had gone to a remote village, Rampur, when we had this conversation first. I requested him to act in one of my films and he agreed instantly.

After that, while we were travelling, he told me that he should produce a film. It is his concept and Dhokha is his title. I don’t wish to reveal anything about the subject but knowing him, one can expect the unexpected.”

There’s plenty of fodder for a crackling script as politics throws up more surreal scenarios than any scriptwriter can dream up.

Manoj Tiwari added, “Though he knows all the big stars like Amitabh Bachchan, Sanjay Dutt and others, I’m happy he wants me to act in his film.

I am also excited about working with Jaya Prada. I will meet Amar bhaiyya on May 10 to take it forward.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...