Saturday, May 1, 2010

Shirtless Imran, next gay icon?


Imran Khan’s fiancé Avantika should be a worried lady.

Ever since Imran’s shirtless pictures were splashed in various newspapers, the phones at Dharma productions (Karan Johar’s company which is producing Imran’s next, I Hate Luv Storys) have almost been ringing off the hook with calls from gay fans requesting an autographed picture of the actor.

A source from the production house said, “For three days now, we have been getting weird calls from various people who seem to have been so impressed by Imran’s shirtless pictures that they insist he’s the next gay icon. Some of them said he’s turning out to be the sex symbol they’ve been waiting for. We’ve got so many requests for the same picture, with his autograph. We are trying to do something about it, but we’re waiting for Karan to come back to Mumbai first.”

Meanwhile, Imran himself seems unaware of the commotion. “I haven’t received any such calls yet so I don’t know if I am the next gay icon. But if I can capture the male audience as well as the female audience, it’s all the better for me,” he said.

Asked about the requests for autographed pictures, Imran shrugged, “Yes, I have been asked to sign a lot of pictures. I think they could be for the gay community, but I didn’t get into the details. The marketing department asked me to sign, so I signed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...